Broadstairs Food Festival is returning this October, get ready to meet your favourite exhibitors at this popular three-day event. Victoria Gardens is the perfect setting for you to enjoy a wide range of Kentish and locally sourced foods, including cheeses and meats, artisan breads, cakes, pastries and so much more; washed down with locally sourced coffee, cider, and spirits. Here at Broadstairs Apartments, our luxury, private apartments provide the perfect home away from home, allowing you to experience everything that Broadstairs Food Festival has to offer. Here is all you need to know about this highly anticipated festival!
© Micheile via Unsplash
Broadstairs Food Festival will run for the 1st to the 3rd of October, entry is free and there is a chance to win a prize and support a good cause with this year’s prize draw; click here to enter! Prizes include a cocktail evening for two, a knife set from Flint & Flame (one of this years Food Festival sponsors), and a Thai food cookery class! Tasting sessions will also be available at the event on the 1st and 2nd of October in the theatre Marquee more information about this fantastic opportunity can be found here.
The Food Festival is a much-loved event in the town, running since 2009, it is a tradition for many people in Broadstairs which attracts visitors from around the country. It provides an opportunity to enjoy a range of cuisines from award winning vendors, all by the beautiful Broadstairs seaside. It is always important to support local and independent businesses, and the Broadstairs Food Festival is the perfect opportunity to do that.
© Harding-Lee Media
With views of the Kentish coast as you enjoy the Broadstairs Food Festival it is important to be mindful, as always, of the environment. The festival has always been committed to sourcing food locally and increasing sustainability; read their sustainability policy here. This scheme reduced waste by half in 2019, and they are determined to continue this trend by following these simple steps – so make sure you do your bit!
Boasting over one hundred independent traders this year, you are bound to be spoilt for choice this October. If you’d like to try out some of the fantastic food available this October, here is a taste of what to expect:
· Artisan breads, cakes, biscuits, and sweet treats provided by vendors like Enzo’s Bakery from Canterbury and Bake Me Happy from Dartford
· Hog roasts provided by Blue Egg Catering from Smarden
· Street-style pizza by Dough Dough Pizza from Deal
· Mouth-watering burgers served up by The Tipsy Texan Smoke-Truck from Faversham and Rad Burger Co. from Canterbury
· And, if you’d like some additions to your own kitchen, check out The Garlic Farm and Karly’s Kitchen for a selection of jams, chutneys, and garlic butter to spice up your larder!
© Clem Onojeghuo via Unsplash
Thirsty? There will be a wide range of delicious drinks to take advantage of, these are a few you can expect to see this October:
· Rent a Bar are providing this year’s festival bar, and there will be a pop-up gin house thanks to Pinkster Gin! Both of whom are sponsoring this year’s festival
· If spirits are your thing, head to Anno Distillers, Kent’s first gin distillery in 200 years. Or pop to Thunder Vodka, for a warming toffee vodka
· We can also expect award winning wines from the likes of Biddenden Vineyard, and high-quality ciders provided by Kent Cider Company
· For the coffee lovers, why not give Garage Coffee and Willobeans a try?
Remember, these are just a handful of the fantastic cuisines and exhibitors on offer, there’s something for everyone a Broadstairs Food Festival. Click here to view their full list of exhibitors, and head to their Instagram @broadstairsfoodfest for all the latest updates, and more information about their vendors!
Whatever your tastes, we can’t wait to see you this October. Be sure to check our apartment availability and book your weekend away now!